Thursday, 29 September 2011

Only 12 Weeks Until Christmas!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek! is pretty much how I'm feeling about that.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping and knowing how I like to leave things right to the very last minute, I'll probably be rushing around on Christmas eve looking for things to buy my rellies.

But... I have been giving a lot more thought to how I could arrange/change my various online stores to suite the Christmas theme and I've come up with a few ideas.

I though about going Christmas OTT... i.e. Having a Christmas themed banner and avatar and giving my primary pictures a themed border, which will hopefully make them stand out from the rest.

I think I might change up my tags to include words like stocking filler jewelry etc etc.

This will be my first Etsy/ArtFire/NotontheHighStreet Christmas and I'm hoping that between the three venues, I can make a good number of sales!

I have seen some people commenting that there is no point in going all Christmassy until after Halloween, but I don't think people do much gift-giving on Halloween if any at all, and three months is a great run up to Christmas from an SEO/Google point of view.

So..... here's to Christmas!


What do you think? Is it a good idea to start early? What will you be doing differently over the holiday period and when will your campaign begin?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2 comments:

  1. This is my second year in the Etsy world, and last year has been spent learning my way round the internet world. Still a long way to go, but have decided to launch a series of Christmas novelties, which I officially launched at a local charity bazaar today.

    Have so far only made 6, but one has found a home already! Will be listing them on Etsy this week-end, and blogging about them at the same time - so, please visit www.coldhamcuddlies.etsy.com sometime Sunday and then maybe www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com. Couldn't do anything about them today, because I'm shattered!

    Will look out for your changes - and hope they succeed. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isobel, Christmas novelties sound interesting, I have been wondering how I could incorporate a Christmas theme into my rings, but it's a tough one.

    I'll check yours out on Sunday!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete