Saturday, 10 September 2011

Holidays and Experiments

The uni term is finally over and my holiday can now begin… 

The first week of holidays always feels a little strange, I’m so used to having a mountain of work to do that when it’s finally all done, it’s as if my brain doesn’t quite believe it.


So, yeah… this week is unwind week.

I have absolutely nothing planned so as usual I end up buying loads more supplies and making some new stuff, which doesn’t turn out to be such a bad thing after all :)

Here’s my latest experimental piece, using sterling silver and micro-faceted rainbow moonstone rondelles...






As you may be able to tell, it's almost double the width of the rings I normally make, which I think is a nice touch as you can really see the lacy design when worn. 

The moonstone arrangement is totally abstract, I went in it without a plan and came out with something that looks like a T, but that's ok (I think).

The second one is a little interesting...






It's like a crown for your finger!

I made it out of sterling silver and micro-faceted labradorite rondelles and I'm actually quite proud that I managed to get this one finished, it took me such a length of time to get every rondelle in the right place, I finished it twice only to smash a couple of the stones whilst reshaping it on the mandrel.... grrrrrrr! 

Anyway, done and dusted.

I might list them up as exclusives... what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful rings! I love silver jewelry. Do you twist all that silver together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I actually crochet silver wire to get the effect.

    ReplyDelete